The editorial board of the journal «Medical Bulletin of the Main Military Clinical Hospital named after N.N. Burdenko» has established the following procedure for reviewing manuscripts:
- Each manuscript is registered when it is received by the editorial office.
- At the next meeting of the Editorial Board the manuscript is sent for reviewing to the leading specialists in the corresponding profile (at least two reviewers per article) by the decision of the Editor-in-Chief or his/her deputies.
- Reviewers work with the article as a confidential material, strictly complying with the author’s right of non-disclosure before publication of the information contained in the article. Additional experts can be involved by the reviewer only with the permission of the editorial board and under conditions of confidentiality.
- In the case of a negative review, the author of the article will receive a substantiated answer by e-mail as to why the material cannot be published in the journal «Medical Bulletin of the Main Military Clinical Hospital named after N.N. Burdenko».
- If there are minor editorial comments, the manuscript is returned to the author for revision, and then with the corrections made is returned to the reviewer for review and discussion.
- In some cases the editorial board may send the article for additional reviewing, including statistical and methodological reviewing.
- If the article receives a positive review, it is sent to the editorial board and editors for a decision on the publication of the material in one of the issues of the journal. Generally, the order of publication is followed depending on the time of manuscript receipt.
- Reviews and copies of e-mails to the authors are stored in the publisher and editorial office and the editorial board for at least 5 years (archive in the center (methodological) of the main military clinical hospital named after N.N. Burdenko of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation).
- At the request of the author of the article published in the journal, or at the request of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation copies of reviews of the article are provided.